Building Futures is seeking an energetic, self-motivated staff member to join to the agency’s team. This position is ideal for an organized, detail-oriented individual who enjoys developing and managing external relationships, excels in a team environment, and is interested in personal and professional growth within a dynamic organization. The position will have the following responsibilities:
Primary Responsibility: Under the direction of the Employer Relations Manager, the ARI Employer Relations Associate is responsible for providing technical support to employers and industry partners who have adopted the Registered Apprenticeship model including: providing regular follow up and customer service and managing related paperwork. This position will also provide overall operational support to the ARI team.
Secondary Responsibility: In conjunction with and guidance from the Communications Manager, and in partnership with the ARI team, the Employer Relations Coordinator will be responsible for the marketing/communications efforts of ARI within the context of the agency’s overall communications strategy. This includes managing social media platforms, creating promotional materials, writing blogs and other communications, and planning and implementing special events and activities.
Partner Relations/Technical Assistance
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to Registered Apprenticeship employers/partners to ensure seamless and effective program implementation.
- Build long-standing employer relationships through the provision of outstanding customer service.
- Collect required paperwork, manage programmatic changes and troubleshoot challenges, as needed.
- Conduct research to support RA development in new occupations.
- Assist Employer Relations Manager with promoting Registered Apprenticeship to employers/partners with a goal of expanding the RA model across non-trade industries in Rhode Island.
- Assist with writing RA Program Standards.
- Participate in information gathering and writing of quarterly and sub-recipient monitoring reports.
- Participate in agency-wide initiatives related to RA
- Enter individual and programmatic data in electronic and hard copy systems with accuracy and expediency. Query and respond to data requests from program staff members. Prepare reports and track outcomes.
- Support communications and marketing efforts, including engaging in interviews, writing stories and blogs, obtaining photographs and other related activities utilizing social media and traditional outlets.
- Manage Twitter account and expand ARI’s social media presence.
- Identify, plan and implement promotional events, including National Apprenticeship Week activities, such as: panel discussions, proclamations and news releases.
- Support the design of marketing flyers and resource materials.
- Represent Building Futures/ARI at public events, task forces and other external committees and activities, as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned
- A minimum of 2-3 years of program coordination and/or marketing experience, with preference for experience in a non-profit or educational environment.
- Experience in workforce development, adult education, and/or the Registered Apprenticeship model, preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills required.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and/or skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and activities.
- Social media/marketing experience required, including managing social media platforms, creating marketing materials and writing blogs.
- Competency with computer programs including: databases, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. WordPress, Illustrator or other design software a plus.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Amy Weinstein, Employer Relations Manager, at email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Building Futures is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.