Building Futures is seeking an energetic, self-motivated staff member (or consultant) to join the agency’s team. This position is ideal for an organized, detail-oriented individual who enjoys developing and managing external relationships, excels in a team environment, and is interested in personal and professional growth within a dynamic organization. The position will have the following responsibilities:
Primary Responsibility: The Program Development and Partnerships Manager is responsible for developing and launching innovative Registered Apprenticeship (RA) and PreApprenticeship programs with a wide range of partners and employers in many industries and sectors. In addition, this position is responsible for providing on-going technical assistance, strategic guidance, and operational support for developed programs. This position will also serve as a liaison with Rhode Island’s institutes of higher education, to integrate Registered Apprenticeship career pathways with credit-bearing related instruction. As a key member of Building Futures’ Apprenticeship RI team, the position is also responsible for coordinating outcomes and deliverables for the agency’s overall programmatic, educational, and policy efforts.
Secondary Responsibility: Under the direction of the Apprenticeship Systems Manager, this position will be responsible for developing Registered Apprenticeship program standards, ensuring data integrity, and ensuring all RA programs comply with state standards. Specific responsibilities include:
Apprenticeship/PreApprenticeship Program Development
- Support partners and employers in developing and implementing high-quality registered apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship programs that address identified workforce development needs, with a focus on creating career pathways for underserved populations;
- Facilitate the design of structured on-the-job learning (OJL) that leverages experiential learning to teach specific occupational competencies during productive, full-time employment;
- Facilitate the design of related technical instruction (RTI) that complements and enhances the OJL program in the classroom, to teach occupational theory, coursework and/or required certifications for the apprentice;
- Leverage OJL and RTI to provide college credit towards degree and/or certification obtainment from institutes of higher education.
Partner Relations/Technical Assistance
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to Registered Apprenticeship employers and RA program partners to ensure seamless and effective program implementation and quality;
- Build long-standing employer and partner relationships through the provision of outstanding customer service and demonstrated results;
- Promote Registered Apprenticeship to employers/partners with a goal of expanding the RA programs across growing industries/sectors of Rhode Island and supporting the RA model;
- Develop/write program design into required RA Program Standards and facilitate registration.
Apprenticeship RI Program Operations
- Participate in information gathering and writing of required grant reporting and monitoring.
- Participate in agency-wide initiatives related to RA
- Support communications and marketing efforts, including engaging in interviews, writing stories and blogs, obtaining photographs and other related activities utilizing social media and traditional outlets.
- Support the planning and implementation of promotional events, including National Apprenticeship Week activities, such as: panel discussions, proclamations and news releases.
- Represent Building Futures/ARI at public events, task forces and other external committees and activities, as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned
- A minimum of 3-5 years in program design, with a preference for experience in designing and/or implementing educational/occupational training programs and/or employer-driven education.
- Experience in an educational or non-profit setting, preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills required, including expertise in skilled facilitation.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and activities.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Debra Medeiros Overly, Deputy Director, at email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Building Futures is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.