A career in construction is not right for everyone. At minimum, workers in this industry must be able to do the following:
- Show up, on time, every day
- Carry heavy loads, 50lbs or more, frequently.
- Work in the elements: heat, cold, rain, snow etc.
- Work at height when required
- Commute and work overtime when necessary
- Have strong organizational and problem solving skills
The assessment process helps candidates assess if construction is the right fit before beginning the 5-week pre-apprenticeship. Even if construction is not the right career for you, you may find a good fit for your career goals with a registered apprenticeship in a different industry.